As the department’s lead graphic designer, this employee will spend most of their time on print and digital graphic design projects. They will also oversee our WordPress website and lead part-time employee(s) who execute web-related assignments.
This position is part of Dining Service’s in-house marketing team. We produce a variety of print and digital media in support of the university’s award-winning Dining Halls and meal plans, retail venues, upscale restaurant, central bakery and full-service catering operation.
As the department’s lead graphic designer, this position is involved in a variety of creative projects related to our favorite topic: food. Just like how the food served on campus is made at UNT, by UNT, for UNT, we handle all our sales and marketing in-house with projects of all sizes.
From designing a 3” product label for a single packaged cookie to completely renovating an entire restaurant – and everything in between – our small-but-mighty team produces creative solutions to support the success of our award-winning department.
Some of our upcoming projects include:
- Rebranding and expanding our Scrappy’s Ice Cream product line
- Opening The Market at Eagle Landing, an in-house retail venue with a bakery display, coffee counter, sandwich shop and packaged merchandise displays.
- Creating and constructing an Indian street food restaurant in the University Union
- Developing a campaign to launch OZZI reusable containers in The Campus Chat Food Court, a pilot project supporting the university’s sustainability efforts
- Producing videos to give prospective students an inside look at all that we have to offer
- Rebranding our Food-to-Go casual catering service
- Preparing to host the 2022 Menus of Change University Research Collaborative annual meeting.